Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm all set up!

I've spent lots of time reading other peoples blogs about adoption and I finally decided that I would like one as well. With help from my friend Sherri, it was all done in a matter of minutes. Brian and I started this process to adopt over a year ago and we are now waiting to have our dossier sent off to the Philippines. This was supposed to be done a few weeks ago, but there are always lots of delays when it comes to this adoption business (as I'm finding out). I'm hoping our file will be sent off this coming week and should be received by ICAB (Intercountry Adoption Board) in the Philippines by late February or early March. Then we have to wait for ICAB approval which may take 6 -8 weeks. If we receive ICAB approval, then we are on the official wait list. I can't wait for that point!!! We requested a boy or girl between the ages of 0 -2 years. The wait will probably be 24 months for a referral - hopefully faster though. We'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job!! Not that hard is it? I will be following along. Good luck this week with your file.

emilie said...

hello!
we're adopting from the Philippines, too. I've added your blog to my blogroll. hope that's ok.

emilie

Jenny said...

Hi! Congratulations on your adoption journey. We are also adopting from the Philippines and hoping to be matched with a child under the age of 2. We were placed officially on the waiting list near the end of December 2007. It is such a long wait, but I am sure it will be well worth it. :)

joanne|n|dennis said...

I'm looking forward to following you guys on your adoption journey. It's a long process, but like everyone says, it'll definitely be worth it when you're finally hold your baby in your arms. Best of luck!