Thursday, April 29, 2010

Only 28 hours

In 28 hours we leave to fly home and I am definitely not ready to go. We've had such a great time and have done so much. We've hiked, kayaked, went to the beach, snorkelled, went to a luau and lots more. The weather has been amazing. I could get used to this life! When we get home I'll post some more pictures of our trip. I'm also going to do a scrapbook of our trip. I'm addicted to scrapbooking and use any excuse to do one. There has been no news on the adoption front. I think that I heard somewhere the wait could go to 30 months but I'm not sure if that is correct or not. I'm hoping that we won't be waiting that long but the one thing that I know is that nothing is predictable in this adoption rollercoaster!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

We're here!!

Well it certainly was a long trip but we are now in Honolulu. In total we travelled for 24 hours which is a long time but I'm sure that it will certainly we worth it. The time difference from Newfoundland is 7.5 hours, with Newfoundland being ahead so this morning I was up at 4:30 am. I'm now trying to waste a little time until the sun starts to come up so I can run outside. It is still completely dark out so I'll have to wait a little longer.

There is nothing new on the adoption front. I gave our social worker our e-mail address and contact info for Hawaii just in case we are matched while we are away. That will most likely never happen but I just wanted to be prepared.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The fog has cleared!

We are now at the airport and it looks like our flight will be leaving on time afterall. When we woke up this morning, most of the fog had cleared. Look out Hawaii, here we come!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fog, fog go away!

Well it has been extremely foggy here for the past week. Today you can barely see the house across the street. Our flight is supposed to leave 6:00 tomorrow morning but I'm not even sure if the plane will be able to land tonight and even if it does, I don't know if the plane will be able to take off tomorrow morning. I really hope that we get out because the weather in Hawaii right now is beautiful and I don't want to miss one minute of it.

We had a fantastic girls weekend and spent 8 hours in the hot tub. I came home very wrinkly and water logged but we totally enjoyed the hot tub. I'd like to get one for our backyard eventually.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

23 months and counting!

Another month down and how many to go?? I can't believe that we have almost reached the two year mark since ICAB approval. The referrals have been few and far between so hopefully there is a big batch right around the corner. I am away this weekend on a girls weekend. This time we rented a cabin with a hot tub outside. We were all very excited about this until we heard that there is supposed to be heavy rain, wind and fog all weekend. It looks like we'll be stuck inside which means we'd better load up on snack food!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


When we were first ICAB approved in May 2008, I predicted that we would be matched on April 13, 2010 which is today. We did not get the call today so I guess that I was wrong but we did get a call to say that our update is being sent off to the Philippines today. Finally our update is on it's way to ICAB. Since my first prediction was wrong, I'll make a second prediction. I'm guessing July 8. Let's see if I am right this time!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


We leave in two weeks for a 10 day vacation to Hawaii. We can't wait. This is our first vacation with just the two of us in 4 years! For the past few years we have travelled with other couples so it will be nice to go with just the two of us. We plan on kayaking, snokelling, hiking and Brian wants to play some golf. I just can't wait to spend some time relaxing on the beach, reading my book. When I booked this trip in January, I was nervous that we would be matched with a child during this time but as it looks now, we may be waiting another while for a referral. I'm sure that whenever the call does come, it will be perfect timing.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our update moves on again!

Our update was reviewed and approved by level #1 last week and then moved on to the next person. She was out of her office until today so early this morning I gave her a call. I asked if she had received our file and I told her how until ICAB received our update, I didn't feel that they would match us. She said that she would go check to see if she had gotten our update and would then call back. She called back not long after and said that she had gotten our update and had reviewed it and approved it and sent it on to the last person to sign!!!! Hooray!!! Once it has the final signature, it will be sent to ICAB and hopefully we will be matched not too long after. Who knows if this will actually happen but we certainly hope so. This was a great way to kick off our long Easter weekend.