We began the process to adopt a child from the Philippines in January 2007 and received ICAB approval in May 2008. On October 29, 2010 we were matched with our son Rafael and he joined our family on February 20, 2011!! Now we are home and are enjoying the adventures of parenting!!
Our file has now been at ICAB for two months awaiting approval. I am just hoping that we will soon hear something. There is really nothing else new to report. Just to make this post a little more interesting, I thought that I would add a few photos.
I just found out this morning that the necessary information, regarding our child care arrangements, has been e-mailed to ICAB. I'm hoping that this means that we will soon hear if we are approved or not. It will be two months this Saturday (April 26th) since our file was received by ICAB. Tonight is the first game in the Philadelphia - Montreal matchup. The game is starting in a few minutes, so I better go watch it!
I just got tagged by Rachel to answer the following questions about why I blog. Here it goes,
1. Why did you start your blog? I started this blog because I really enjoyed reading other people's blog who had or were in the process of adopting from the Philippines or China. I thought it was a neat way to keep track of everything and to keep people up to date with where we are in the adoption process.
2. How did you come up with your blog name? I couldn't think up anything more original so I just named it what it was - a Philippines adoption journey.
3. Do your friends and family know about your blog and what do they think? Some friends and family know about our blog, but not all, as it is fairly new. So far everyone has only given us good feedback on it.
4. How do you write your posts? I only post when there is something new with regards to the adoption, but once we receive ICAB approval (my fingers are crossed that we will be approved) there won't be much to post, so I'll have to post about other things going on in our lives.
5. Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments? I don't know what a troll is but it sounds like something bad, so I don't think that I've ever had one. I've never gotten any unkind comments. Everyone has been very nice and supportive.
6. Do you check your stats or care how many people read your blog? If you care, how do you increase traffic? I did not even know that you could check your stats. I'll have to figure that out. It doesn't matter to me how many people read my blog, but I do enjoy the comments that they give.
I was just talking to our adoption coordinator this morning and she said that she had an e-mail from ICAB looking for some extra information with regards to our homestudy. They just wanted to know our child care arrangements for when our child comes home. That's it though. She said that she would contact our social worker so that she could gather this information and do a little write up. By the time I got home today, there was a message on the answering machine from the social worker! I thought that was pretty quick for here in Newfoundland. I was expecting to wait a month just to talk to her! Hopefully, this is something that can be done quickly over the telephone and then can be sent to the Philippines. I'm hoping that it doesn't delay our ICAB approval too much. As of today, our dossier has been in the Philippines for 8 weeks. On a better note, the Canadiens are heading to Round 2 in the playoffs!! They won Game 7, beating Boston 5 - 0. I'm not sure who they're playing in the next round or when that will start, but I can't wait!!
We are still waiting with regards to ICAB appoval. We've been waiting 7 weeks now, but should hopefully hear something soon. The time, so far, has gone quickly. We've been busy watching playoff hockey every night. Montreal is up 3 -1 on Boston, Hooray!!
We've also planned another trip to California for this coming November. I'm really looking forward to returning to Six Flags Magic Mountain, we just love roller coasters!! The higher and faster, the better. The last time we were there, two years ago, we spent the full day at Six Flags and didn't even stop for lunch! Keeping busy making vacation plans and watching hockey definetely helps the time go faster. That's it for now.