Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008 and New Years

I can't believe that another Christmas is over and we are on our way into 2009. It was Christmas 2006 when we filled out the Provincial adoption application form. Where has the time gone! This was another great Christmas. We spent it out home with our parents and Sid had a great time with his cousin dog, Rico. I was so excited when I unwrapped my waffle iron from Brian. I love waffles. Especially when they are covered with strawberries and whipcream! That is what we are having for breakfast this morning and probably tomorrow morning as well! My Aunt gave me a tree ornament with Sids picture painted on it. It was beautiful and looked exactly like Sid.
This is our early morning YMCA run group on Christmas Eve morning. We had a great run before heading out to breakfast.
At my parents house. Sid and Rico love posing for the camera. Aren't they adorable!


Sid's Chistmas ornament. Doesn't it look just like him?

Our New Years Eve didn't turn out quite as good. Last year we left Sid home alone, as we have done since he was born in 2001. When we arrived home, Sid had eaten through one of the doors and was totally freaking out. For some reason he became afraid of the fireworks, which he never was before. This year we took him with us to a friends house for a barbeque. We had to leave after only 30 minutes because he was starting to freak out again when he heard the fireworks which started at 7:30 and would probably continue on until after midnight. So we ended up having a quiet night alone watching the World Junior Hockey Championship game between Canada and the US. It was a very entertaining game and Canada ended up winning! We ordered the NHL hockey network so now I don't have to miss any hockey games. Hooray!
Happy New Year to everyone and hopefully this will be the year that many of us receive our referrals!




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen to your last sentence!!!! :)

Your aunt is so talented. Love the ornament...it looks just like him.

Everytime I read your blog, you remind me so much of myself before kids...your dogs (we have two who were the center of my world before kids), running groups (I did several mini triathalons and trained with a group of people), hanging out with friends (rarely get together with my friends these days). It is not that I have changed a ton, but my priorities revolve around my family. However, reading your blog is a great reminder that I need to take time out for myself and partake in some of the activities that I used to do and enjoy so much. :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

The ornament is beautiful, and I love the pic of you and Sid with the santa hats on.
Hope you have a great new years day, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed you will receive your referral this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Renee! nice photos. The ornament is beautiful. Waylon has the exact same issue with fireworks, but it seems to have improved (a little) thru the years. Hope it will for Sid too.~emilie