Monday, November 2, 2009

Home Alone

On Saturday morning I took the dog for a walk and did the grocery shopping and I felt fine. At 1:00 that afternoon I started to get a sore throat, body aches, fever and chills along with a headache. It all came on so suddenly I thought it was the swine flu. I spent the rest of Saturday and most of Sunday in bed. By last night, the symptoms were all gone except for my cough and a headache. I went to work this morning and they sent me home because they said you have to be symptom free for at least 24 hours before returning to work. I know that makes sense since we work with small children many of which have comprised immune systems but today I don't feel too bad. So here I am at home with not too much to do so I thought I'd post a few more pictures.

Today's pictures are from Venice and Sicily.

Venice. Taken on Murano Island where they make the glass.

Rialto Bridge and of course I'm eating gelato.




St. Marks Square. We didn't spend too much time there as it was pretty crowded.

Sailing out of Venice.
Taormina, Sicily.

The Greek Theatre in Taormina. They still hold performances there today. I'd imagine it would be an amazing place to go to a concert.












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great!

Glad you are feeling better. It seems like you have to be so cautious now. Almost half the school I was subbing in was out today. Only 10 kids in the class.

I have redone my blog. I made some major changes. Here's the address so you can check it out.
www.shersadventures.blogspot.com

Renee and Brian said...

Thanks Sherri, I'll be sure to check out your new blog.

Julie said...

Have a fun vacation day:) I hope you really are feeling better and back to work soon, I hate being sick. I love looking at all your pics because it sure will be a long time before we go on a vacation to Europe.

Allison Family said...

Great pictures!

Hope you are feeling a lot better by now. I had the same sort of stuff a few weeks ago. No fun!

Amber said...

What beautiful pictures! Don't they have the best gelato in Italy?! They make it with cream...yum!
Hope you're feeling better by now...and I sincerely hope that you guys get your referral very, very soon. I keep checking your blog, hoping to read an excited post about getting the call :0)