Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


Nothing else is new since my last post. We are still waiting to receive ICAB approval. Everyday as I go to work I expect there to be a message from the Provincial Adoption Coordinator. She is the one who ICAB will contact once we receive approval. I'm really hoping to hear something this week.

The weather here has been awful over the past month. It's been cold, rainy, foggy and windy and to top it off, today we've had heavy flurries for the past 3 -4 hours! Overnight we are supposed to get 5 cms of snow. Someone told me yesterday that we have a record year for icebergs in and around Newfoundland. They are everywhere, hundreds of them!! I really thought that global warming would warm things up here, but I guess not! I can't wait for some warmer weather.

Since the weather has been so bad, yesterday I decided to do some heavy duty cleaning. I cleaned out all of the cupboards and closets, washed the walls, and threw out seven bags of garbage, not counting what I collected to give to Goodwill. I still need to wash out all the curtains, bedspreads and quilts, but I am waiting for some good weather so that I can hang it all out on the line. I may be waiting a while for that to happen.

Well my favorite team got kicked out of the playoffs last week. Montreal lost last Saturday night to Philadelphia. They lost the series 4 games to 1. Now I'm cheering for the Penguins.

Finally, Happy Mother's Day to my mom!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Way to clean!! That IS sad news about the snow. Snow snow, go away, come again some other day (like in December)...

Sid was so thoughtful to leave you a Mother's Day present like that. Gus left me the gift of absolutely mangling a pair of my nice undies. Dave said he heard ripping noises in the other room when he was doing laundry and came out to find Gus ripping them to shreds.