Thursday, October 16, 2008

5 month anniversary!!

I can't believe that 5 months has already passed since our ICAB approval. I feel like we are getting closer and closer yet I know that we still have 12 - 18 months to go (and that's probably being optimistic). The 5 month mark was actually yesterday but I was so busy that I didn't even get a chance to post. A groomer came in to tidy Sid up because he was starting to get some mats in his tail and behind his ears. It took 90 minutes and Brian and I had to hold him the whole time because he was pretty stressed out, but in the end he looked great. Sid is now recovered from that traumatic ordeal and he is out playing on the front lawn.

I had initially thought about getting a crib for Christmas, one that converts into a bed so that at least I could get more use out of it. But today, a girl at work offered me her crib - for free! She said I can have it as long as I take it and store it. That sounds good to me! It is so exciting starting to collect things, it makes it all seem more real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, that's incredibly exciting!! I love that you're doing those things that make it feel more real. Is this also a crib that converts into a bed?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 5 months!!
That's so nice of your friend. It must make it feel more real?
I have my crib all picked out, it converts in to a regular bed. I figure she won't be in a crib for long. I won't be buying it until we make it past the review room though.

Renee and Brian said...

I'm not sure if the crib converts into a bed but I don't think that it does or she would have kept it herself for her little girl.