Thursday, August 13, 2009

We won!

I haven't posted much lately because I've been away at a camp for teenagers with physical disabilities for the past 5 days. The camp was fantastic and all the kids had a great time but it's always good to come home. On the drive home this evening I called Brian and he told me that we were invited to a banquet for the Torbay property awards. They were starting at 7:30 and I didn't get home until 7:00 and I still had to shower.

The good news is that all my rushing around paid off. We ended up winning in the category of mature garden as well as being the overall winners! We were so excited. We won $700 worth of gift certificates to a local nursery and two plaques. It sounds like we are going to have a lot more gardening to do now that we have all that money to spend on flowers and shrubs!

There is no news on the adoption front but we have almost reached 15 months. There haven't been many new referrals lately but another blogging friend picked up her son a few days ago which is pretty exciting. I'm still hopeful that we'll hear something by Christmas.

5 comments:

Allison Family said...

Congratulations on winning! How exciting. Have fun spending your money. Hoping you hear something soon about your referral...it'll come when you least expect it!

Julie said...

I knew you would win, your landscaping looks great. You have such an eye for beauty. Too bad you don't live closer, my yard could use some help. I would think you are close to next in line for a referral, we're waiting to see who will be joining your family!!

Amber said...

Yay! Congratulations! I also thought you would win :0) Your landscaping is beautiful. Enjoy spending your money and making your garden even more beautiful!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that you get your referral very, very soon!!
With our agency, the average wait is at around fifteen months right now...

Rachel said...

That is very cool! Dave would be so jealous - I think he'd love to have more money to spend on landscaping.

I really hope that you get your referral soon. It will be so much fun to see who your child is!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! your landscaping is beautiful. hope you guys hear some great news on the referral front soon, too.