Sunday, June 15, 2008

1 month Anniversary!!

Well we now have one month down since we were approved by ICAB. How exciting!! We plan to go out for chinese food to celebrate. The wait so far has gone amazingly quick. I hope the rest of the wait goes by as quickly, but I hate to be wishing my time away.

The weather here is awful yet again. This entire weekend has been cold, wet and foggy. I didn't get any gardening done and I'm still waiting for a good day so that I can paint our 2 decks. We are supposed to have this same weather for most of next week so I think that I'm going to have to break down and put my clothes in the dryer instead of hanging them on the line. I just love my bedsheets and towels dried outside.

I also plan to start a training program for the half marathon here this Fall. I haven't been doing much speed work or hill training lately as I've had trouble with my heel, but now that I'm on the mend, I plan to start training again. I love having a goal in mind when running. It makes you want to run faster and better. I would love to do another marathon but I will only do a big one like Chicago or New York or something along those lines. I done two small marathons and I also ran Los Angeles. The L.A. marathon was so much fun. There were tons of people cheering you on and over 25,000 people ran the race. The marathon I did here had 50 -60 participants and there were no crowds to cheer you on. In the case of marathons, bigger is definetely better!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on your 1 month!! I hope it continues to fly by for you!

I can't imagine ever running a marathon. Go you!! I can't wait to hear about it :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your 1 month anniversary! I hope the months keep passing you by quickly :]