Thursday, September 25, 2008

Girls only weekend!

This weekend I'm going away with all of my running friends, girls only! We rent out a vacation house an hour outside of town twice yearly. Once in the Spring and once in the Fall. We have a great time shopping, hiking, watching movies, playing scrabble and of course eating!! On Saturday we are driving an extra hour to attend my grandparents 80th birthday party. My Dad's parents both turn 80 this year. Other than that, it will be the usual weekend away. We are also hoping to have a beach fire one night if the weather is decent.

One week from tonight is the Elton John concert. I can't believe it! Two days after that is my 31st birthday and a few weekends after that is our 6 year wedding anniversary, so there is lots going on right now. Brian and I are out of town for three days starting on Monday. We are going on a little roadtrip with the dog which will be fun I'm sure. It will be so nice to get away for awhile. I will be working on Tuesday and Wednesday, but Brian and Sid will be free to explore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!! Sounds like you guys have tons of fun things coming up :)

Jenny said...

Wow! You so often remind me of my life before kids. You have so many exciting things coming up. Don't get me wrong, we still do fun things, but the kids are always involved. I rarely get a girls weekend these days. My alumni volleyball college weekend is coming up in a few weeks, but 2 of my good friends are expecting and one of my friends has a 6 month old so we aren't going to it this year. Oh well, there is always next year. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend!