Sunday, April 5, 2009

Girls weekend

I've just returned from another great girls weekend. That is one thing that I will definitely miss when we return home with our child. I love getting together with all the girls I run with. We do it several times over the year and have a great time every time. We are now planning our camping trip for a weekend this summer. I love camping but several in the group said they would prefer to rent a vacation home for the weekend. The weather here is variable so staying in tent can go either way. It could be a lovely evening under the stars or you could be stuck in the pouring rain. I guess we'll have to have a vote to see if it will be a camping trip or not.

Anyways, this weekend was lots of fun. We sat around talking all night on Friday and got up early Saturday morning to go shopping. We got back in the afternoon and watched "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry". I'm not a big movie person, but I've got to say it was pretty funny. We then had a cheese fondue with bread and a chocolate fondue with fruit. Wow, did I ever eat too much! We then sat around talking some more and watched a little hockey and curling before heading to bed. This morning we took a nice long walk and got stuck in the rain. We ended with a game of scrabble and then headed home. I guess it's now back to the real world!

Mom and I have also rebooked out Hawaii trip. We now leave May 20th and return on the 30th. We are staying in Honolulu. I'm looking forward to some sun! It is a very long flight but it will be well worth it once we're lying in the sand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Hawaii sounds so good - sun, sand, heat, can't beat it.

Julie said...

Glad you get to go on your trip to Hawaii. You will love getting out in the sun and eating fresh fruit all the time. I'll be looking forward to reading those posts.

Rachel said...

Hawaii sounds delectable right now. I can't wait to hear how your trip goes. How long is that flight for you? Is it a direct one?

Amber said...

Yay! A trip to Hawaii with your mom!! Enjoy the sun and the beaches...
Hopefully, when you get back, it will be getting warm here in Eastern Canada too :0)
Just wait till you fly to the Philippines...I hear that that's a very long flight :)