Friday, May 15, 2009

One Year!!

Today marks one year since we received ICAB approval. I can't believe that the time has flown by so fast! I was initially hoping to hear something by Christmas, but it seems that things are slowing down so we will probably wait for close on two years (hopefully not too much longer than that though). I started to write up my one year update letter to ICAB when I realized that I really had nothing at all to say. Nothing in our lives has changed over the past year, so what was I to tell them? I decided not to do a letter because of this. What boring lives we lead!!

There haven't been many new referrals lately on the Yahoo group which is kind of discouraging but hopefully things will pick up again soon. We are now 2.5 years into the process which is unbelievable. As I wait, I continue to take lots of pictures as I run in the morning. Here are some of my latest pictures. Enjoy!














6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, congratulations on your one year anniversary!! That's a big one...
I can't wait to read your excited blog post that you got your referral! I really doubt that it will take another full year before you hear anything...I know things have slowed down, but that's extremely long. You'll probably have your referral by Christmas :0)
At least, I'm really hoping that things haven't slowed down by that much...

Allison Family said...

Congratulations on your one year mark...each day is a day closer to your little one. I hope and pray you don't have to wait another year!!!! I love the pictures-they are so beautiful!

Tam-A-Roo said...

Congratulations! One year down! You'll be holding your little one before you know it! Love the photos...keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Way to make it to the one year mark!! Your attitude toward the wait it amazing. I definitely wasn't as cool and calm about it all as you have been. I hope you celebrated being one day/month/year closer to your bambino!!

Unknown said...

Hi, just wanted to drop by and say that I am also following your waiting. I do not hope you have to wait another year, rather good chances to get it much earlier as you are childless. A danish family just got referral in april, and they only waited 14 months.
BR Maija - approved since january09

Anonymous said...

your photos are great! they're an inspiration to travel. good deal on 1 year down, too.