Monday, February 7, 2011

Hurry up...... and wait!!

There is not much new on the visa front. Our adoption coordinator called this morning to say that Rafael's passport has been sent to the Canadian Embassy in Manila. She seems to think that his visa may be approved by the end of the week although I'm not so sure about that but I certainly hope so!!! Tomorrow the Canadian Immigration website is updated again so I'm hopeful that there will be some new news. Keep your fingers crossed!! The website still says that his visa is being processed.

Rafael's room is finally completed!! We have a jungle theme and I hope he likes it. I'll post some photos hopefully tomorrow or the next day. Brian has been away since early Friday morning so when he gets home tonight he will see a huge difference in Rafael's room. When he left the room was empty. Now it is totally finished with pictures and shelves on the walls, curtains up, and everything done. I can't wait for him to see it!!! Rafael's closet is absolutely stocked full with clothes and toys. I'm going to have to change his clothes every 15 minutes in order for him to wear it all!

The best part about today is that Agnes and Edward finally got to meet their daughter!!! It was so exciting to follow their journey with them. It was a long wait for them to travel but now they finally have their daughter in their arms!!! I imagine it must be such an amazing feeling. I can't wait until it is our turn!!! Not long now.............

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I haven't stopped crossing my fingers for you, mama! Can't wait to see the pictures of your little sweetie's room - and hopefully very, very soon, some updated pictures with him in it. Hoping this is your week - you've waited patiently long enough!

Mélissa said...

I hope you can travel very soon, we pray for that.. Can't wait to see the picture of this room..

Tam-A-Roo said...

I'm praying that you get really good news tomorrow!

I can't wait for you to post the pictures of Rafael's room...oh and you'll have to tell us all about Brain's reaction!

Anonymous said...

It's sooooooo exciting to follow each step of this part of your journey! I really feel like I am stalking your's and Agnes' websites.. It so amazing to share in this truly exciting joyful time with you all.
I would love to see his closet! ;)
And his jungle!

Allison Family said...

I can't wait until it is your turn, too. The waiting part is so long but so worth it. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of his room. I am sooo excited for you guys!!!!